Monday, September 8, 2008

Make It Happen


Make It Happen (2008)
Seen At The Movies 7th September 2008

STORY: 3/7
*sigh*
So the girl one wants to be a dancer, so she goes to an audition. SHOCK! she doesn't get in straight away! She ends up getting a job keeping the books at a "burlesque" club. (I put burlesque in inverted commas because there's nothing burlesquey about it, it's just slightly skanky dancing.) Anyway, she ends up getting a chance to dance at the club and has lots of fun. Love interest comes along, then there's a complication... then EVERYTHING is great and she's brilliant. VOMIT... the end.

ACTING: 3.5/7
The acting actually wasn't quite as bad as i expected. Of course, they weren't GOOD at all, but it was passable.

SCORE / SOUND: 4.5/7
The soundtrack is what made this movie watchable. Lots of fun funky songs that had me dancing in my seat. Look out for Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" It had me wetting myself laughing in my seat.


OVERALL: 4/7


EXTRA!

I really want to mention that the conversation i had in the cinema also made this a great excursion to the movies. "Can you tie a snake into a knot with that" and "I'm not really touch you but, you know" where some of the conversational highlights. Oh, and a photo of a hand-dryer from the men's bathrooms of the Carindale cinema.

No comments: