Monday, August 18, 2008

Psycho Beach Party


Psycho Beach Party (2000)
Seen on DVD 18th August 2008


ANN BOWMAN LIVES!!!

This movie was SOOOOO much better than i expected. I expected cheesy lame crap and what i got was... well, it WAS cheesy and lame, but also VERY camp and fun! and i'd also say very well put together.

STORY: 4.5/7 - (I've never been to an orgy before. What do I wear?)
So Florence (Lauren Ambrose) is a young girl who really wants to fit in and be cool. She's really a bit of a dork and no-one pays any attention to her. Unless of course, she falls into her alter ego Ann Bowman! Then it's a bit hard NOT to notice her. Oh, and there's some murders and things.

ACTING: 5.5/7 - (I'm no mere chick! I'm a goddess!)
So Lauren Ambrose first grabbed my attention (quite recently) in her role as Claire on "Six Feet Under" and when i realised it was her in Psycho Beach Party i was like... "holy crap! can we get that now?" and i was NOT dissapointed. Other people were good but it was ALL about Ambrose.

*Lauren Ambrose*


CINE / VISUAL EFFECTS: 4/7
They totally pulled off the old timey feel of the movie. If i didn't KNOW it was from 2000, i would almost have beleived it was the 50's or whatever. (is that even a cinematographical thing?) (is cinematographical a word?)

SCORE / SOUND: 3/7 - (They look like beatniks, should I unpack my bongos?)
The score was a bit of a let down for me. Not memorable or entertaining at all really. IMHO

SONGS: N/A


OVERALL: 6/7

The whole is FAR more entertaining than the sum of it's parts!

*Another Lauren Ambrose just cause it's cool*

1 comment:

Teyalistic said...

omg that's one of my FAVORITE movies!! i havent seen it ages but when all i remember from it that i was oddly interesting and really funny :p